Houston Academy of Dance and West University Dance Centre are well respected dance training facilities in the Houston area.
Houston Academy of Dance, opened in 1971 and West University Dance Centre, opened in 1996, offer complete dance programs for students of all ages and experience. Inspirational teachers and innovative training are the hallmark of both studios staffed by experienced teachers who continue their own training, staying up to date with current dance trends. Under the ownership and direction of Evelyn Ireton, both HAD and WUDC are well recognized and respected in the Houston dance community. Referred by Houston Ballet, the schools and staff are committed to strong classical training as the foundation for all styles of dance.
Our state-of-the-art facilities ensure the best possible training environment and our professional staff shares with our students more than 43 years of continuous excellent instruction.The benefits of dance are many: self- confidence, self-discipline, poise, new friends, new knowledge, and a great sense of achievement. These benefits can be shared by all students: those taking dance for fun, school activities, exercise, or for professional preparation.
• Option III Payment IV due March 6, 2017
• Spring Break March 13-18, 2017
• HAD Studio Run-Through Schedule now available
• WUDC Studio Run-Through Schedule now available
• Summer Intensive Registration now available
• HAD Summer Schedule now available
• WUDC Summer Schedule now available
• HAD Spring Performance May 7, 2017
• WUDC Spring Performance May 14, 2017
Houston Academy of Dance
Houston Academy of Dance follows the SBISD determinations for school closings due to inclement weather.